Left gradient
Students learning
announcements ANNOUNCEMENTS


Chabot College DOES NOT issue I-20 forms to students requiring ESL first: English as a Second Language.

Note: If you are a permanent resident, a U.S. citizen, or if you are currently in the United States in another visa category such as J, H or other, you should follow the instruction on the ESL program website @  /LanguageArts/ESL/register.asp. You should not apply through the International Student Office.

Interested in a Private Language School?

Chabot College does not offer beginning or survival ESL courses. International students can obtain English competency by enrolling in one of the following:

ESL schools (nearest locations to Chabot College) TOEFL/IELTS alternative
ALP (American Language Program at California State University) in Hayward
  • Institutional TOEFL of 500 or more.
EF (Education First) International Language Schools:
Mills College campus
       *San Francisco
  • Institutional TOEFL of 500 or more.
ELS Language Centers:
       *San Francisco
  • Completion of Level 109 or higher.
English Center (Oakland campus)
Intrax International Institute:
       *San Francisco
  • Institutional TOEFL of 500 or more.
Kaplan Aspect:

       *San Francisco
  • Institutional TOEFL of 500 or more.
Language Studies International:          
       *San Francisco/Berkeley
bookstore Bookstore Blackboard Blackboard
Access your
class website
Class Web
Search and register
for classes online
library Library student email Student
The Zone Student
Twitter facebook Vote
Gradient right  
    Phone: (510) 723-6600 | Last updated on 5/23/2014