The Language Center (Learning Connection)
Room 2351 (Above the Cafeteria)
Hours of Operation
Fall Semester 2013
Mondays.......9 AM -7 PM
Tuesdays.......9 AM -7 PM
Wednesdays......9 AM - 7 PM
Thursdays......9 AM - 7 PM
Fridays.......8 AM - 11 AM
Can you answer "yes" to any of these questions?
- Are you having trouble with your ESL classes?
- Do you need help with your homework assignments?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to practice using what you're learning in
your ESL classes?
- Are you interested in using language-learning software to improve your language skills?
Then the Language Center is just for you! The
Language Center provides helpful resources in a friendly, comfortable
setting. If you are currently eligible for ESL courses your are taking an
ESL course at Chabot College, then you can take advantage of our free
What will you find at The Language Center?
- Free drop-in tutoring with instructors and trained tutors. Check the
online schedule or ask the front desk about availability!
- A small computer lab with ESL software programs to practice reading,
vocabulary, writing, grammar, listening, speaking, and pronunciation skills.
See the complete list
- Novels, dictionaries, answer keys, newspapers, and magazines for your use.
- Quiet and clean work/study areas.
- For ESL students, we also have a supplementary 1/2 unit pronunciation lab course
you can register for...ESL 127
- For ESL students or non-native speakers, we also have a Faculty-Student Tutorial course you can
sign up for...ESL 128.
We also have Conversation Groups
for ESL students...
Fall 2013 hours coming soon! Just
show up and join the conversation...Stay for all of the time or part of the
time! All ESL students are welcome!
Please stop by Room 2351 for more information or contact
Angela Hobbs: firstname.lastname@example.org