How to Register for ESL Classes
Before you register, be sure to get a copy of the current Chabot College
Class Schedule. The Schedule is available in the main lobby of Building
700 and in the College Bookstore (Building 3800).
If you are a continuing student (this means that you have been
enrolled at Chabot College during the previous semester):
- Check your registration mailer for your priority registration date and
- If you did not receive your mailer, check
- Your priority number is determined by the number of units you have
If you are an international student planning to attend on the F-1 Student
Visa, please contact the
International Students Program.
If you are a new student (you have never attended Chabot) or a
former student (you were not enrolled during the last semester), follow
STEP 1: APPLY
STEP 2: FINANCIAL AID
- Inquire about Financial Aid if you are interested (Building
STEP 3: TRANSCRIPTS
- If you have taken college coursework at another school, check to see if
you need to submit transcripts from high school and/or other colleges.
STEP 4: ASSESSMENT AND ORIENTATION
STEP 5: REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- Register online at
Class Web (see Schedule of Classes for instructions).
STEP 6: PAY FEES
- Check your Schedule of Classes for how to calculate student fees ($26/unit
for California residents and $163/unit for non-residents.)
- Additional fees may apply. Check Schedule of Classes for explanation of
student fees and tuition.
STEP 7: STUDENT IDENTIFICATION CARD
- Get your picture taken for your Student ID Card in the
Center Building 700 - first floor in Student Online Services.
STEP 8: TEXTBOOKS & PARKING PERMIT
- Buy or order your textbooks at the
in Building 3800.
- Buy your parking permit through CLASSWEB. Click
for information about parking at Chabot College.