The Process of Finding Books
In almost all cases, when you are looking for books, you will be searching for them in the Library Catalog. Using the tools you have learned in Modules 1 and 2, you should now be ready to search the Library Catalog effectively. Here is a brief outline to that process:
1. You enter search terms in the Library Catalog.
2. When you find relevant books from your searches, you write down at least the call number.
3. Once you have verified the proper location, in that area, you then locate books by their call numbers.
4. Once you have finished finding your items and determined they are suitable for your needs, you then go to the Checkout desk to check out books with your Chabot ID card.
5. The end of this module will also give you tips on how to locate books that are not in the Library's collection.