Nursing at Chabot College
provides the necessary knowledge and skills on becoming a Registered Nurse (RN). RN continues to be a popular job and in very high demand. If you're ready to take the next step of becoming one, our Nursing program can help you get there.
- Faculty with 20+ years of experience
- Modern facilities and simulating labs preparing students with real life scenarios
- Dedicated counselor for nursing program
- 50-75% of graduates transfer to BSN program with CSUEB bridge program
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training (NVCI) available
- Test-taking preparation seminars
- Exemplary NCLEX passing rate:
2014-15 100% 2013-14 97.78% 2012-13 96.3% 2011-12 98.18% 2010-11 100%
We offer 2 programs
Acquire an Associate in Nursing and qualify on becoming a RN
Provides LVNs two options to qualify on becoming a RN
Foreign Trained Registered Nurses
If you have been referred to take specialized classes by the BRN, unfortunately, Chabot Nursing can no longer accommodate this request.
RN is projected with an average hourly wage of $56.50 in Alameda County 2014-2020. The outlook for RNs will continue to be positive as a very high in-demand job with a projected job growth of 16% from 2014-24 due to emphasis on preventive care, growing rates of chronic conditions such as diabetes and obesity, and demand for healthcare services as people are living longer and more actively.
Many of our graduates work at Bay Area health facilities in various positions and even return to Chabot's Nursing Program assisting current students. Our program offers a pathway for students to becoming RNs and to take advantage of these opportunities.