ATI TEAS – Test of Academic Skills
The ATI TEAS was developed to measure basic essential skills in academic content area domains for Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English and Language Usage. These entry level skills were deemed important for nursing program applicants by a panel of nursing program curriculum experts. The ATI TEAS is a 170 four-option, multiple-choice questions assessment. To order review materials and online practice session please go to www.atitesting.com.
Based on the recommendation of the California Community College Nursing Advisory Committee, the cut score for ATI TEAS has been set at score of 62%.
All applicants are required to take and pass the ATI TEAS prior to application.
Fall 2018/19 Test Dates: Chabot will be offering the test on January 17, 8:00 AM reservations will be taken AFTER December 1, 2018. Please note we only have a limited number of computers available. Location of test will be emailed to students after registering.
Reservations AFTER December 1, 2018, email RNProgram@chabotcollege.edu. Include the following on your email request.
- List the test date,
- Confirmation Meeting Card number,
- date you attended one of our information meetings,
- Chabot Student W#, and
- contact phone number
Taking the test
- Students can register for other testing centers at www.atitesting.com.
- Books and practice tests can be purchased directly from ATI Testing.
- Pass the TEAS at adjusted individual score of 62% or higher
- An unofficial copy must be submitted with your application. If admitted, official test results from ATI Testing must be submitted unless test is taken at Chabot College
- Students who do not acquire an Adjusted Individual score of 62% or higher will be required to complete remediation prior to testing again.
- If you do not pass the TEAS on your second attempt after remediation, you are not eligible for the Chabot Nursing Program.
- Only the first valid score will be accepted if you have taken the test multiple times.