Building 700 2nd fl, Room 762A/B (510) 723-2979
Chabot College is one of various partners of Hayward Promise Neighborhood (HPN) working to revitalize the Jackson Triangle area of Hayward. The Chabot HPN Program works collaboratively to provide the residents of the Jackson Triangle comprehensive support throughout the “cradle to college to career” pipeline. Ultimately, HPN will develop strategies and solutions to “scale up” and benefit the greater community.
Learn more about the Hayward Promise Neighborhood partnership.
|Follow us at|
Chabot students must be either a:
- Current resident of the Jackson Triangle, the area bounded by Jackson Street, Harder Road, and Whitman Street in South Hayward.
- Recent graduate of Tennyson or Hayward High school
Academic Counseling begins with setting educational goals, exploring options and opportunities, and providing students with clear, concise and up-to-date educational information of all types.
- Course & selection planning
- Transfer planning
- Student Education Plans
- Choosing a Major
- Scholarship information
Career Counseling provides students with an opportunity for clarification and integration of career and educational goals, study of careers and lifestyles, vocational and career testing.
- Motivational support
- Referral to on- and off-campus resources
- Stress management
- Clarification and resolution of specific problems related to academic success
- Identify skills
- Career assessments
- Employment trends
- Explore career options
Personal counseling provided to students seeking assistance in resolving personal issues that interfere with school. Providing students with respect and understanding for their backgrounds, cultural values, gender and abilities.
- Support with matriculating to Chabot
- Student Success Workshops
- Financial aid information
- Reserved classes
- College field trips
- Winter Retreat
We are also open to undocumented students.
Learn more about Dreamers support and resources for undocumented students.