Left gradient
Students learning
announcements ANNOUNCEMENTS

TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE

Agendas & Minutes

Technology Committee Meeting: Tuesday  9/14/10 12-1pm

Agenda:
  1. Collaboration with LPC concerning Campus Technology Needs
  2. Improving Communication between Technology Users and Technology Providers
    Defining current Processes that assist with Acquiring New Technology or Expansion (Construction and non-construction related); Processes for repair/maintenance; "customer feedback"
  3. Identification of Technology areas that would benefit students/college.
  4. Other

Minutes: 
Technology Committee Meeting 9/14/10
 
Attendees: Katherine Tollefson, Jeanine Methe, Ellie Hoffman, Lisa Ulibarri, Jim Baum, Tom Clark, Des Chun, Kathleen Allen, Ramona Silver, Norman Buchwald, Arlene DeLeon, Mark Schaeffer, Abdullah Yahya, Caren Parrish.
 
Items:
 
1. The committee elected Jim Baum as the committee chair for the 2010-2011 year.
 
2. Introductions
 
3. The committee reviewed the shared governance document for the Tech Committee (attached).
    - Mark pointed out that new changes were made and approved (he will provide this revised document to the committee).
 
4. The committee discussed "Improving Communication between Technology Users and Technology Providers; Defining current Processes that assist with Acquiring New Technology or Expansion (Construction and non-construction related); Processes for repair/maintenance; 'Customer feedback.'"
   - Tom will check authorization steps in regards to measures and construction.
   - There is a need to facilitate discussion between entities.
 
5. Tech Plan: Last year, it was made into a living document so that we can review for changes as needed.
   - There were some comments and feedback from IBPC and Faculty Senate (that Lisa will send to Tom for review).
   - Suggestions included to revise the plan to coincide with the mission statement and district IT plan.
 
6. Prioritization for committee:
   - Procedures for acquiring technology
   - Reaching out to LPC to explore similar issues and questions
   - The process for an instructor to present a technology issue (Mark Schaeffer). Jeannine suggested that faculty bring their tech needs to the committee, who can then bring it to the deans, and ultimately the district. The Tech Committee should provide a forum for people to voice their technology needs. The committee agreed that this process needs to be clarified.
    
7. Caren Parrish brought up the need for Wimba (a Blackboard building block) as well as a streaming video server.
   - The committee determined that the Committee On Online Learning is the best place for such tools to be considered. Ramona will add it to the agenda.
   - Jeannine recommended that faculty look into the costs associated with Wimba and how many instructors can benefit from it.
   - Lisa added that EduStream is now available as a pilot, so she will work with Caren to have this available to World Languages instructors.
 
8. Help Desk: The ticketing system should be made more apparent to users. Perhaps ticket status should be made available to the client.

 

Gradient right  
    Phone: (510) 723-6600 | Last updated on 4/25/2013