Apply to the Dental Hygiene program
Admission to the Dental Hygiene program requires a separate application to be submitted.
The application period is from November 1 to January 31.
When applying, all of the steps below are required to be completed successfully. Please review and familiarize yourself with the steps.
Step 1 - Apply to Chabot College
Apply online for admission to Chabot College.
Step 2 - Complete Pre-requisites
All prerequisites must be completed to apply.
Effective for the Fall 2025 application cycle: There will be a 7-year recency requirement applied to the science pre-requisites of Bios 42 (Human Anatomy), 43 (Human Physiology), and 44 (Microbiology).
Prerequisites for Dental Hygiene:
- BIOS 42: “General Human Anatomy “
Note: This course has a pre-requisite of Bios 41 Intro to College Biology
- BIOS 43 : “Human Physiology “
Note: This course has a pre-requisite of Anat 1/Bios 42 and Chemistry 30A
- BIOS 44: “Microbiology”
Note: This course has a pre-requisite of Bios 41 and Chemistry 30A
- CHEMISTRY 30A: “Introductory and Applied Chemistry I”
- CHEMISTRY 30B: “Introductory and Applied Chemistry II
- Chabot DH program does not currently accept General Chemistry or Organic Chemistry sequence courses as substitutes for Chem 30A/30B requirements. Please refer to the Equivalency Chart for comparable courses at other local colleges.
- ENGL 1: “Critical Reading and Composition””
- SOCIOLOGY 1: “Principles of Sociology”
- PSYCHOLOGY 1: “General Psychology”
- COMMUNICATIONS 1 or 10” “Fundamentals of Speech Communication” or “Interpersonal
- If you have attended another community college in the area, please review the Equivalency Chart for comparable courses.
Additional important information regarding Dental Hygiene prerequisites:
- See the Equivalency Chart if you have taken comparable courses from US Regionally accredited colleges/universities other than Chabot College. If your college does not appear, you will need to see a Counselor for assistance.
- Transcripts from other countries will need to be evaluated by an independent transcript evaluation service. There is no guarantee these courses will be used for our program.
- One semester/quarter term of Anatomy/Physiology is not accepted.
- A grade of “C” or higher is required for each prerequisite.
- Science prerequisites need to be 4-5 semester units with a lab. On-line labs are not acceptable.
- Prerequisite courses must be completed by the Fall prior to the year of application. In progress grades are not accepted.
- Only lower division undergraduate courses are accepted to meet pre-requisites and GPA requirements.
- Combined Anatomy/Physiology courses must be at least 2 semesters.
You may have taken prerequisite courses at other colleges and it can be difficult to tell which courses are equivalent to ours. Therefore, if you are interested in applying to our program, contact a counselor as soon as possible to assure all the prerequisites are met.
The following references can be used to check if you have completed the prerequites.
- Equivalency Chart
- Prerequisite flowchart (coming soon)
Step 3 - Submit application to the Dental Hygiene program
Application period is from November 1st to January 31st of each year.
Please review or complete all of the following documents carefully.
- Find your Student ID (W#), and Zonemail (student email address)
- Application Process & Procedures
- Fall 2024 Dental Hygiene Program Checklist
- Dental Hygiene Program Application Instructions
- Point Assignment
- Selection Procedures, Notification Timeline, and Policies on Infectious Disease Status and Infection Control
- Dental Hygiene Program FAQ
Official transcripts must be electronically submitted to the Office of Admissions
and Records no later than January 15, 2024. No exceptions.
If you are ordering through Credentials or Parchment, select the information for Chabot College that already exists in the system for the quickest and most accurate delivery.
For any other service, please have your transcripts sent to email@example.com
For Colleges/Universities that do not offer the option of electronic transcripts, to send paper transcripts to:
ATTN: Admissions and Records
25555 Hesperian Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94545
New for Fall 2025 Application:
Completion of Nutrition 1 will be required prior to entrance into the Dental Hygiene program.