The Zone Student Portal is unavailable. However, you can still access Class-Web and Zonemail
Employee Email Issue: Currently, Outlook is experiencing difficulties accessing email. Please use web mail or your phone Outlook app.

2020-2021 FAFSA Forms

For Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021

Only print and submit required forms listed on your CLASS-Web account.

If you were not selected for verification, there were no messages on your Student Aid Report about conflicting information, and there are no discrepancies that must be resolved by our office, you may not have to submit any documents to our office for verification.

If eligible for aid and awarded, you will receive a message to check CLASS-Web for your financial aid offer.

Most students will have to “ACCEPT” their offer online prior to any funds being disbursed.

To access Financial Aid documents from this site, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader and a printer. These are not PDF-fillable forms - do not try to convert to or open with Microsoft Word or other program. You must print and complete.

If you are required to verify your Federal Tax Return information, please do one of the following:

  1. Transfer your 2018 tax information directly to your 2020-2021 FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, or
  2. Obtain a 2018 Tax Return Transcript using the Get Transcript Online tool, or
  3. Provide a signed copy of your 2018 Tax Return (Form 1040 and attached Schedules).

Student Update Form

Use this form to update our office on your name, date of birth, social security number, gender, marital status, etc.

Download and print - 2021 Student Update Form


Lifetime Pell Eligibility Acknowledgement

Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU)Effective July 1, 2012, students are limited to a lifetime maximum Pell Grant of 12 full time semesters / six years (600%) at any community college, vocational school or four year/bachelor program. Once you reach the 600% Pell LEU, you are ineligible for any additional Pell Grant. Log onto My Federal Student Aid (formerly NSLDS) using your FSA ID and view your LEU, found on the Financial Aid Review page. For more information: Federal Pell Grant

What this means for you: You must plan now for your future, especially if you plan to transfer to a four-year college for a Bachelor’s degree. The six-year limit is a lifetime limit, regardless of completion of your academic goals or Bachelor’s degree. This regulation is in effect even if you have had an appeal approved for failure to meet academic progress, it supersedes any prior offer of aid/award, and the Department of Education allows for no appeal or exception. 

Download and print - Pell Lifetime Eligibility Acknowledgement Form


Release of Information FERPA Form

In compliance with FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) laws, and to protect the privacy of our students, the Chabot College Financial Aid Office will not discuss a student's financial aid file or eligibility with anyone other than the student. If a student wishes to authorize the Financial Aid Office to release information to or discuss financial aid with another person (parent, spouse, advocate, etc.), the student may complete the Release of Information Form. The release is good for one academic year only.

The release form must be signed by the student in person at the Financial Aid Office, or be officially notarized. Photo ID is required of both student and representative at each visit.

Download and print - 2021 Release of Information FERPA Form


Housing Verification Form

Submit to correct or update your housing status, providing copy of lease, or other documentation. 

Download and print - 2021 Housing Verification Form


Appeal for Reinstatement or Extension of Financial Aid

If you have extenuating reasons for failing to meet satisfactory academic progress standards (over 90 attempted units, or unsatisfactory performance), you must complete and submit this form to the Financial Aid Office for a Petition for Reinstatement or Continuation of Financial Aid with all required documentation.

Download and print - 2021 Appeal for Reinstatement or Extension of Financial Aid


Consortium Agreement

A consortium agreement allows Chabot College to take into account units a student takes at another college that are required for a Chabot degree for financial aid purposes. This is a courtesy only, will be considered only through the first weeks of the semester, and are approved on a case-by-case basis. All decisions by the Financial Aid Office are final. Only complete if you will be enrolled less than full-time at Chabot and enrolled at another college for the same term you will be attending Chabot. Grades from other schools are required prior to any subsequent disbursement of aid at Chabot.

Download and print - 2021 Consortium Agreement Form


Cal Grant GPA Verification Form

Cal Grant deadline for community college students is September 2nd. Students must have completed at least 24 college units, completed a FAFSA application, Cal Grant Verification Form, and have a minimum 2.0 GPA. Students must complete the form and submit to the California Student Aid Commission. Visit for more information.


Student Data Change Form

Students should complete a Student Data Change Form to make changes to any of the following: name, address, telephone number, Social Security Number, and/or email address.

Completed forms must be submitted to the Office of Admissions & Records.

Download and print - Chabot Change of Personal Data Form


Major Declaration & Change of Primary Campus

Students should complete and submit to the Office of Admissions & Records.

Download and print - Major Declaration & Change of Primary Campus


Unaccompanied Homeless Youth

Complete this form and provide a verification letter from the designated official who was authorized to make the determination that you meet the definition of an unaccompanied homeless youth or unaccompanied and at risk of becoming homeless.

Download and print - Unnacompanied Homeless Youth Form


Independency Status Change Request
(Must obtain in person from FAO)

A student who wishes to request a dependency status change must meet with a Financial Aid Advisor. Students 24 years or older are automatically considered independent. You must be able to document the reasons you present in your request. In some cases, approval of this request can decrease your eligibility for federal aid.


Special Circumstances Petition
(Must obtain in person from FAO)

Please see the Financial Aid Office staff if you wish an additional review of your eligibility based on the decrease in family income or other special circumstances that may affect financial eligibility after filing the FAFSA.