Left gradient
Students learning
announcements ANNOUNCEMENTS


Contract for Services

A Contract for Services sets forth the agreement between a specific independent contractor/consultant (individual person) and CLPCCD. A Contract for Services is not used for companies or services associated with construction/public works projects. It is primarily used when individuals perform a service for the College. The Contract for Services includes the scope of work, the duration (term) of the contract, and compensation. Contract for Services is subject Presidential approval.

How to Set Up a Contract for Services

Prior to contracting for professional services, the following needs to be completed and sent to the Chabot Business Services office for review:

District Business Services will determine if the individual meets the definition of an independent contractor as defined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). After review by District Business Services, the forms are sent to Human Resources to determine the following:

  • If the individual is, or ever was, an employee of CLPCCD
  • Whether or not the services should be performed by a bargaining unit member
The Contract for Services automatically expires on June 30th of each fiscal year. If services are needed for the next fiscal year, forms for the new contract term will need to be submitted well in advance, in order to continue services beginning July 1st of the new fiscal year.

How Does a Contractor Get Paid?

After the services are provided, the contractor must invoice the department for the services performed and refer to the purchase order number. The department needs to indicate on the invoice that the services were performed to the department's satisfaction by writing 'okay to pay' on the invoice, sign, and date it. Forward the invoice directly to Districts Accounts Payable for payment.

May I hand a Check to a Contractor on the Date of an Event?

NO. A contractor must provide an invoice after the services have been performed. For internal control reasons, all checks are mailed from the District Office.

What Do I Do If a Company Is Performing Services?

If a company is performing services, prepare a requisition as described in purchasing and forward it to the Chabot Business Services office. Do not complete a Contract for Services. (If the vendor is new to the District, the vendor will need to complete the Vendor Profile Application and W-9 form). Purchasing will generate a purchase order and send it to the vendor. After the vendor performs the services, the vendor needs to invoice the department and refer to the purchase order number on the invoice. The department may authorize payment, indicating services were performed to the department's satisfaction, by simply writing "okay to pay" on the invoice, sign the invoice, and date it. Forward the invoice directly to District Accounts Payable for payment.

CLPCCD Contract for Services Information

Gradient right  
    Phone: (510) 723-6600 | Last updated on 11/4/2016