High school students in the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade, can enroll in Chabot College classes to fulfill a high school course requirement or to get a head start on college courses.
To be eligible to participate in the program, students must:
- Complete an application for admission and the Concurrent Enrollment packet every semester.
- Limit enrollment to advanced scholastic courses. Enrollment in Physical Education or basic skills courses will not be allowed. (CA Code, section 48800)
- Be pre-approved by the Principal or Counselor to pursue specific courses. (CA Code, sections 48800, 48800.5, & 48802)
Students should begin the process for concurrent enrollment early. Follow these steps to enroll:
- Apply to Chabot College
- Complete the Recommendation for Concurrent Enrollment and Release of Personal Information form.
- If you are intending to take any Math, English, or Chemistry classes or any classes
with a prerequisite in Math or English, you MUST complete the English Course Selection and/or the Math Course Selection through your CLASS-Web account.
- Students attending home school should also submit a copy of their R4 Affidavits. (CA
Ed Code, section 33190)
- Submit all Adobe Sign requirements by the deadline date. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- Following receipt of your packet, you will be sent an email notifying you of your Concurrent Enrollment Program admission status. If approved, you will be assigned a registration date.
- Concurrently enrolled students will be permitted to enroll in up to 11 units.
- Students will be treated as regular college students and are expected to comply with all college rules and regulations.
- At the completion of the course, the student receives college credit.
- Students must arrange for their own transportation to and from the college and provide their own books and equipment.
- Enrollment fees are waived for students in the concurrent enrollment program.
- Health Services Fee is mandatory:
- Summer session is $18;
- Fall/Spring semester are $21
- Tuition for international and out-of-state students is $360/unit.
If you are intending to take any Math, English, or Chemistry classes or any classes with a prerequisite in Math or English, visit the Assessment Center website for instructions.
English Department Policy
Review the requirements and policies at the English Concurrent Enrollment webpage.