For priority registration, be sure to complete the Core Services:
TYPES OF STUDENT
New Students: For new Chabot student in Fall 2023, and have never attended college – sign up for a First Semester Planning Session.
Continuing & all other students: Visit drop in counseling (in-person and virtual available) or schedule an appointment during our hours.
Prospective Student: You need to apply and become a Chabot student. Upon receiving your student W# you may access services.
- Student Education Plan: get help from a counselor picking classes for your next semester during our hours.
FALL 2023 SCHEDULE
(Starting August 16th)
|Monday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM||9:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 7:30 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
3:00 PM - 7:30 PM
|9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM||9:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
|9:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
*Drop-In availability is based on first-come, first-serve. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before closing time.
- Support and questions regarding your academic goals
- Academic/Progress Probation 1
- One semester academic planning (SEPA)
- Submitting counseling forms - for example:
- Excess units
- Petition to repeat
- Prerequisite overrides & challenges
- Prerequisite challenges
- Substitution waivers
Are available either in-person or online. Appointment sessions are scheduled for up to 45 minutes.
- Long-term, comprehensive student education plan (SEP) (2+ semester plan)
- Evaluation of progress toward graduation or transfer
- University transfer planning
- Career/Major Exploration
- Probation 2/Dismissal status (Probation level 1 students click here)
- Evaluation of transfer credit from other colleges and universities
- Financial Aid education plan needed for financial aid appeal
- TAG – Transfer Agreement Guarantee Review for UC transfers
- Associate Degree for Transfer – AAT or AST degree planning
- Career Guidance and counseling
- Personal or Crisis counseling
To schedule an appointment, email email@example.com the following information:
- W Number
- Phone Number
- Availability: a range of days and times
- Preference for in-person or online service (Phone or Zoom)
Holiday - Thanksgiving Recess (no instruction) November 22 – 24.
Immediately connect with a Peer Guide (trained student assistant) who can answer basic questions, and help you with enrollment, registration, financial aid and much more!
Peer Guide Support Service Hours:
Call (510) 274-1550
Mon - Thurs 10am - 4pm